Monday, October 20, 2008

Research topics

From what i have seen in the past, things that interest a writer are what they seem to write easily on. I myself am very into the gaming expierence of World of Warcraft.(It never gets old to me and i consider myself to have somewhat of an addiction) , but that being said, knowing what i do makes researching the topic of the effects of this game even more interesting. There have been many documentations on this game being very negative toward the game proclaiming that it makes students grades bad(which i can conclude is true) and also that it basicly runs your entire life(which i can conclude is also true. Im not quite honestly sure if i can use people on the game itself to interview because they seem the most choices for me to ask about the lives of the people that play this very addicting game. Im planing to find more information on what this game acctually does for a person or on the other hand what other negitive effects the game has on peoples lives. I basicly believe it comes back to addiction and losing track of time myself but im not the third party in this research, im one of the main points of interest.

1 comment:

Ms. Brown said...

I like your angle on this topic. The "hot topic" for a while has been whether or not video games breed real-life violence, but approaching the topic as an addiction could result in a fresh and vivid read. You could conduct any of the three types of primary research for this topic--it's up to you to decide.